FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS TO ORGANIZE A PROFITABLE CAN AND BOTTLE DRIVE!
- Form a team (it might be a committee already in place for fundraising or other community activities).
- Choose a team leader for the drive.
- Assign responsibilities for the following steps.
- Check with your local municipality regarding guidelines and registration requirements.
Here is information you'll find on our site:
- Which empty beverage containers are accepted and what the deposit refunds are.
- Inform you of the required quantities and container types per bag for faster redemption.
- We will provide resources to help you with your bottle drive.
- Central Site Collection | Find a good central location like a field, church, or parking lot and let the beverage containers come to you.
- Neighbourhood Pick-Up | It's kind of like door-to-door but with a twist. Drop off flyers in your community that ask people to leave their containers in front of their houses. When your event day comes, simply swing by and pick them up.
- Fundraising Account | Head down to our Depot and ask to have an account set up for your group. Anytime a member of your group or community returns containers, the money will go straight to your group's fundraising account.
- If you have chosen a door-to-door or neighbourhood pick-up collection, divide the area into sections and assign collectors, drivers, and vehicles to these areas.
- If you have chosen a central site or depot drop-off, have a team onsite to greet people bringing in donations, and facilities for handling empty containers until you're ready to deliver them to our bottle depot or have them picked up.
- Make sure packers follow the guide according to size and type. Soft drink and juice containers must be kept separate from containers for beer and other alcohol beverages.
Glass bottles should be packaged in cardboard boxes, in any quantity and sizes, making sure the number can be easily checked.
Have enough volunteers on hand to sort containers. This will help make your bottle drive day efficient.
For further assistance and instructions, contact us at 250.545.5706.